Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Synapse House. Our volunteers make a significant difference in the lives of each Clubhouse member and are instrumental in helping our organization fulfill its mission to Engage, Empower and Employ people affected by a stroke or other brain injury.
There are numerous ways to get involved, and several facets of our organization could benefit from your gift of time and talent. Short and long-term volunteer opportunities are available to help with daily programming in our Clubhouse and in our Flour to Empower bakery, the social enterprise bakery of synapse house.
Here are just a few ways you can get involved with Synapse House.
- Volunteer Outing Assistant – Accompany our group on an outing and provide social interaction and support as members experience the benefits of a lunch out, bowling, golfing and more.
- Art & Creativity Group Leader – Get creative with our members and lead art and creativity group projects to improve skills in the areas of fine motor, visual perception and creativity.
- Music Group Leader – Share your voice and love for music with our members and lead them in engaging group sing-alongs and musical activities.
- Bakery Assistant – Join us in our Flour to Empower kitchen and partner with members to prepare ingredients for future use in baking delicious cakes, breads and candies.
- Bakery Sales – Promote Flour to Empower, Synapse House, and sell our delicious baked goods with staff and Clubhouse members at local bake sales and farmer’s markets.
- Photography Assistant – Design seasonal displays and assist in capturing images that convey the benefits of Clubhouse member baking and showcase our delicious baked goods.
- Videographer – Help us tell our story by filming clips at Synapse House that will be utilized in our first Welcome video and the annual short film shown at our Harvest Moon Gala in October.
Want to learn more? Click here to email us for details and to sign up for one of these volunteer opportunities.
Each year we plan and host numerous activities and events. Please, check back often or send an email to inquire about lending us a helping hand with additional volunteer opportunities.
Questions? Contact us at:
561 N. York Street
Elmhurst, IL 60126